|Call#||BX4605 N64 S25|
|Title||Mission on the inlet: St. Paul's Indian Catholic Chuch, North Vancouver, B.C. 1863-1984.|
|Author||Lascelles, Thomas A.|
"Oblate missionaries were welcomed by Squamish elders to this area before Vancouver yet existed. Soon converts were baptized and married and buried here, then their children and descendants in turn. This site has become holy ground, a meeting place with the Great Spirit.
The story of this mainland mission goes back to 1863, but the present church came later in 1884. To sketch the background of this mission is the aim of this centennial booklet." taken from the provided foreword, p. 1.